If you are of Hakka descent, you will definitely have tried this amazing dish! Its savoury taste coupled with crispy bite is simply gets you hooked! Personally, I eat this dish without rice and as a snack whenever I feel like indulging :D In this version of the recipe, our contributor used pork belly but you can also try using pork jowl or pork collar!
- Pork Belly / Pork Jowl / Pork Collar
- Fermented Beancurd Paste (南乳) 2 1/2 pcs
- Chopped garlic
- Marinate meat for at least 3 hours or overnight
- Coat marinated meat with corn flour for deep frying
- Alternatively for a healthier option, try air frying it too!
Contributed by: Jen Yew